Friday, January 2, 2009

The Affair

I just finished The Affair by Snapes_Goddess over at AFF... It wasn't amazing, or exciting, or different... just impossibly sweet! I don't know if she meant it to be sweet at all, and in the beginning, she mention's tissues...as it was supposed to be sad. As I have never experienced such trauma, I didn't find it sad as much as... OOC sweet. It was resolved, complete, and simple.


Location: AFFN
The summary for this story is:
"Two people living lives of misery find comfort in each other, but can two wrongs ever make a right?"
Warnings: Adultery, Angst, AU/AR, HJ, Language, M/F, Oral, SoloF, SoloM
Rating: Adult ++
Length: 30 short chapters...
Time Period: Post Hogwarts, EWE I believe
How Good?: See Below
And the Smut?: See Below
Status: Complete
Pairing: Lucius/Hermione

This story is particularly soft... Really short, but complete. But nothing made me laugh out loud, or get really excited... The smut was plain, not Snapes_Goddess 's best, but it was fitting to the story.  It should be rated Adult +, at most... It's a great story for someone entering the Lumione ship, but not as risque or sexy as possible. 

The Affair was a pleasant read, a good day trip read... but not too good past that. 

Perhaps if Hermione were a bit more strong willed... And Lucius was meaner... maybe that would make sense?

So, my worst rating yet, for a story that I actually did enjoy, just not to full capacity, a 6/10.
And the smut? Fine. 

I hate to have it sound as if I didn't like it, or I didn't appreciate the story line, but I didn't like it as much as I could have. I finished it though... 

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thanks for reading, even though you didnt like it. =) I respect everyone's opinions and dont expect every story to appeal to every reader. I was happy with it and found it cathartic and ultimately thats what is important. I always say I write for me, not reviews. So anyhow, enough of my babbling, thanks for reading. =)


~SG~

Anonymous said...

I think The Affair was one of Snapes_Goddess' best ever works. She wrote tenderly and heartfelt emotions brilliant, and I wholeheartedly disagree with your review. This story made me feel emotions most fics do not. This was such a hard subject for her to write about and I think she portrayed it perfectly.

LadyVoldemort87

Love is...
© Blogger - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Font by Fontspace