Friday, April 17, 2009

The Nietzcshe Classes

I read The Neitzcshe Classes by Beringae was a nice little treat! I finished it yesterday, and enjoyed it for the most part. I'm taking Intro to Philosophy currently, and just read The Gay Science so this was really interesting to find! I almost want to school my professor on fanfiction and Dramione just so he could effectively check out this fic! 


Location: FF.net

The summary for this story is:

"The Ministry takes action against the remaining prejudice in the wizarding society and asks Hermione for help. “What do you want? Money? Power? Name your price, Granger. I’m not about to let pride get in my way when an Azkaban sentence is on the line.”

Warnings: None listed, but your usual angst, drama, maybe some dubcon. Oh, and character death

Rating: M

Length: 15 chapters, 45K. Not very long, but big for this number of chapters I suppose. 

Time Period: Post War/Hogwarts

How Good?: Pretty good. 7/10

And the Smut?: Beautiful, but not the focus of the story. 

Status: Complete

Pairing: Dramione


***Spoilers


This is very... questionable. When I finished it, I didn't really feel like it was actually done, but not for the normal reasons. It wasn't as if there was this big dramatic  turmoil left unresolved, or a conflict that took a load of chapters, only for it to be scrambled closed hastily. I don't really know how to describe this.


The first thing I thought of after the last chapter was "that was dry." It wasn't full of pain, or passion, and Hermione was COMPLETELY hung up on Ron's death. Throughout the entire thing. And Draco is so detached he should be in an asylum. Practically everything he says is because he's lashing out. Well, maybe not...


You'd think that with Hermione in mourning, and Draco having everything (his parents, his status) taken away from him, that there would be a hot, dramatic, clash of minds and bodies once the initial hate and disgust wore off. But the only connection is the sex, and even in that Hermione is still imagining Ron hating her for it. 


Sigh. This is still wonderfully written, edited, and a plot that I've never read before. I love the quotes, and the themes of each chapter. I loved that. I guess I'm just so used to the big hot messes that I usually read that this was sort of different. But not in the refreshing way. 


:(. 

0 comments:

Love is...
© Blogger - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Font by Fontspace