Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Dowry of a Single Galleon

I finished reading A Dowry of a Single Galleon last night, by Krissy and was very very pleased! I quickly got used to the character changes, and was so excited by the plot that I could hardly put down my phone at night....


The summary for this story is:
"My take on the Marriage Law challenge. Draco, after a confrontation with Hermione in Diagon Alley, claims her as his new bride, much to her dismay. "
No Warnings
Rated NC17
Length: 22 Chapters, 82532 words

I was surprised at how long it took me to finish this story but I was pleased by the length. It kept me occupied for a while :). I never really understood the Marriage Law until this fic, which painted a pretty clear picture of it for me. Hermione is so sweet, and kind, and perfect for Draco in this. I guess I am starting with the pros... Lucius and Narcissa retain their superior nature, seemingly dripping in wealth and style, and they have those incredible manners. And the writer only tells us so much about Lucius's past, to keep him mysterious... And Narcissa and Hermione just work so well together... And Draco is so funny and sexy, balancing Hermione's sensible innocence. I will definitely read this again... and again...

On to the cons, although few, they are rather important. Draco is soft. I mean, way too soft and sobby for a one-shot (good thing its a long story). And Hermione gives in really quickly... like early on, and doesn't put up much of a fight. But I guess, they can't really be fighting the whole time.... And I guess I shouldn't give much more away...

Literally though, after this story, I rushed to read some Lucius/Hermione fics. There isn't really even a hint of it in this fic, but the Lucius in it is so desirable, I wanted to read it. So far I've read Catalyst by dynonugget, and am halfway through Girl Talk by Snapes_Goddess. I am loving it... Oh goodness! I hope this is a phase though, since there is so much Dramione out there for me to read...

I do promote this fic, it is amazing, sexy, and you can't wait til the end. Perfect time period changes as well. 

Though... I don't know if it is a problem with the website or what, but every third chapter or so, I would have to click to verify that I was of age to read the story. And then it would redirect you to the chapter list. And by then I forgot what chapter I was on... and would end up clicking on the wrong one a few times.... AHHH!

0 comments:

Love is...
© Blogger - Template by Blogger Sablonlari - Font by Fontspace